Do you need an advisor to help you and your child understand the process and all that is involved?
We can help not only with the process but also with best practices in the changing college admissions world.
We can help take the stress out of the process by explaining and guiding you and your high school student with the different aspects of the college planning process to include:
1. Trusted strategies involved with finding the best college fit for the student.
2. Keeping the costs minimized and within the family budget while identifying possible merit scholarship opportunities and considering the return on the overall investment.
3. Providing guidance and direction on the best plans for high school course selection for honors, AP, IB or dual enrollment courses, letters of recommendation, essays, majors, and more.
4. Provide the pros and cons for considering applying test optional.
5. Answer parent and student questions that you don’t have time to research.
6. Allow a trained college consulting professional to help with the project management aspects of the college admissions process while knowing your most important people (your child/children) are considering all options to ensure they thrive in college.
Our services include help with the following areas:
Comprehensive Student Evaluation:
– Academic Records and Plan
– Extracurricular Background
– Assess Strengths and Weaknesses
– ACT / SAT Test Scores and Test Prep or Test Optional Plan
– AP or IB or Dual Enrollment course selection and AP/IB test score reporting strategies
Identification of Colleges that will be the best fit for the student:
– Majors or Degree Program
– Athletic Programs
– Service Academy / ROTC / Nomination Process
– Extracurricular Activities
– Special Support Services / Learning Differences
– Social Activities – Scholarship Opportunities
Financial Fit for Families
Identifying colleges may be more generous in providing merit scholarship opportunities when a family will not qualify for financial aid grants.
Options to keep expenses within the family budget and avoid loans.
Test Preparation Plan
ACT vs. SAT
What does Test Optional Mean?
What does Test Blind Mean?
What are the risks of not submitting a test score or choosing not to take the test when colleges say they are now Test Optional?
College Visit Plans and Evaluation Process
Help with understanding what demonstrated interest is and where it may be important
When to Apply Strategy?
Teacher / Counselor and Other Recommendation Selection
College Essay Preparation
How to prepare an amazing personal statement that tells your unique story
Supplemental Essays and responses to application prompts
Scholarship Program essays and Honors College essays
Prepare students for interviews by conducting mock interviews
Assistance with college selection after admissions decisions are received
College Planning package pricing available by package or hourly rate
Lori Peeples is a proud member of the following professional organizations:
– Associate Member of Independent Educational Consultant Association (IECA)
– National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC)
– Rocky Mountain Association for College Admissions Counseling (RMACAC)
– American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
– Colorado School Counselor Association (CSCA)
– College Consultants of Colorado (CCC)